Summit Companies is proud to support the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors, a nonprofit dedicated to supporting burn survivors and their loved ones by profoundly advancing lifelong healing, optimal recovery, and burn prevention through a united community on a global scale.
To empower the burn community, the Phoenix Society provides a wide range of programs and resources. Some of the services they offer include:
- Connecting survivors and their loved ones with others who have experienced similar trauma.
- An online community consisting of a virtual support group, live and weekly peer chats, and a Facebook feed.
- Journey Magazine, a free publication for the burn community that includes resources, stories, and updates.
- Resources and support for kids with burn injuries, their parents and siblings, and children of burn survivors.
- The Journey Forward, a kit provided to ease the transition from hospital to home, a critical milestone for survivors.
- The Resource Marketplace, an extensive list of courses and webinars designed for survivors, their loved ones, and allies of the burn community.
- The annual Phoenix World Burn Congress, a conference developed by burn survivors, for burn survivors. It is the world’s largest gathering of burn survivors, their families, burn care professionals, and the fire service industry. Below are a few testimonials from past attendees.
“This was an experience of a life time. My life has been changed – I am renewed. I have seen my son smile and light up again. Something I haven’t seen in years.” – Brenda“There are no words to describe it. I could tell of events, people, and testimonies, but none would begin to transfer what I experienced. Truly an experience for the heart, mind, and soul that WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.” – Anonymous attendee
Summit Companies firmly believes in the mission and purpose of the Phoenix Society and praise their efforts to provide valuable support to those suffering from a burn injury. For this reason,
Summit Companies take pride in making an annual financial donation of $25,000.
$50 can provide personalized wellness services and support to two burn survivors through their information and referral programs, reaching an average of 1,800 survivors per year!