Fire Alarms & Monitoring
Summit Companies designs, installs and maintains fire alarm systems ranging from small multi-family housing to complex high-rise buildings and multi-building campus systems. We have extensive experience in buildings with complex smoke control, stair pressurization and related systems.
Fire Alarms & Monitoring Services
Engineering & Consulting
Inspection & Testing
Service & Maintenance
Engineering and Consulting
- Design guidance drawings and perform electrical calculations for fire alarm design.
- Coordinate and witness fire alarm system testing to determine if existing systems are adequate.
- Review building and fire codes to determine requirements for system updates.
- Act as a liaison for the Owner/design team with the Authority Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) to present and acquire approval of the fire alarm system design concepts.
- Inspect installations during construction and document inspection in writing.
Installation and Design
- Whether working directly with the owner, or owners representative, architect, engineers, general contractor or other contractors, we provide an end product to suit all your needs.
- With our in-house licensed fire protection engineers, and NICET certified designers and drafters, we can engineer and design any fire alarm system needed.
- Technicians are manufacturer trained and certified.
- We have working relationships will our local AHJ’s (Authority Having Jurisdiction / Code Inspectors), this ensures a smooth installation and sign off to get you open and ready for business.
Inspections and Testing
- We perform quarterly, semi-annual, and annual inspections based on NFPA requirements.
- Annual inspections include a functional test of your system along with a visual inspection of all components.
- Fire alarm system inspections are required by law and most insurance companies to help keep fire alarms working properly
- Upon completion of your inspection you will be provided with an electronic copy of the complete fire alarm inspection report that meets NFPA and local requirements.
Service and Maintenance
- Our technicians provide maintenance of existing alarm systems to keep them working properly.
- We offer 24/7 emergency service and repair to keep you safe.
- We provide 24/7/365 monitoring of fire alarm systems via phone line, cellular, radio (RF), or IP communicator.
- Our customers’ fire alarm systems are monitored offsite at dedicated facilities—tracking Normal, Alarm, Supervisory, and Trouble conditions.
- We facilitate the monitoring for fire alarm systems whether it was installed by us or another company.
- UL monitoring standards require additional paperwork and coordination, and we ensure our customers meet the increased monitoring requirements if necessary.